Author Topic: Vent Session  (Read 20318 times)

Offline El-Man

• MomCorp Stockholder
Re: Vent Session
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2017, 04:11:24 AM »
Let's see how long this lasts THIS time around.   :verymad:

Take the fool's full name and his department, then demand to speak to his supervisor. Then HIS supervisor, and go up the chain as far as you can, taking notes all the way, including refusals. Build your case for the New York AG.  >:D

Offline Langly

• MomCorp Stockholder
« Reply #211 on: February 20, 2017, 12:33:50 PM »
To KurtPikachu2001 - what's Morbotron? Is that another website?

Offline Langly

• MomCorp Stockholder
« Reply #212 on: February 20, 2017, 12:36:04 PM »
To dinkdrinker  - I'm so sorry you're having such a bad time. (((((Hug)))))

Offline dinkdrinker

• Osiris 4 Priest
  • Funny dude- well, at least looks aren't EVERYTHING
« Reply #213 on: February 22, 2017, 01:41:19 AM »
 :devil: UPDATE  :devil:

Today I even outdid myself.

Called the State AG.  They basically said they were busy, and as long as the name was wrong, nothing should happen.  But if I were to talk to someone to check my finances, help me with paperwork, it would probably help my case move quicker.  She was really nice and actually helpful. SO...

Finances, and government paperwork huh?  OKAY.  DINK IS SOOOO READY FOR THIS.

(Goes to the Church directory...)

FIRST CALL-
THE COUNTY TREASURER.

'Ken!  It's Doug!  Are you busy?  Good, good.  I have a favor to ask...'  After giving him all the info I have, I call the next person...

SECOND CALL-
MY NYS SENATOR (ALSO goes to my church)

Let's just say there is no love lost between her and the AG.  She had papers on his desk that day. 
Later in the afternoon, the Saratoga Co. Treasurer sent a letter.

I got a call back from the AG's office.  Seems like they have the time now to look into this for me  :devil:

Sometimes people in government actually do GOOD  :crylol:
Well, there goes the Internet

Offline Red_Line

• Assistant plasma fusion boiler stoker, grade 218
  • Administrator
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
  • Let's see what these things will do...
    • Red_Line's Futurama Fanfic stash
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2017, 03:32:06 AM »
Okay, some of you may remember last year a large bank (found in any major 'CITI') was harassing me about foreclosing on my mortgage.  What mortgage?  Wrong name, address.  Area code to the phone # is thousands of miles away from the property... I thought it was over.  Well, at least they picked a NEW name...

Seems NOW I am Stewart Harvey and am about to loose my house (again?)  Told them twice now TODAY that there is no one here by that name, no one here w/ any credit cards, loans, or accounts with the bank they work for.  Told them they have the WRONG number.  They of course, insisted they did not.

Making a long story short, I told them they needed to check the person's Social Security #, driver's license and copy of postage to prove their address, etc to see that no one here has that name or owes them money.  They of course, once again threatened with foreclosure.  I in turn threatened to contact the New York Attorney General's office...

'Why would you threaten to contact the Attorney General of another state...'
'BECAUSE THAT IS THE STATE YOU ARE CALLING, AND I LIVE IN, F*CKNUT!'

Slam the phone down.

Let's see how long this lasts THIS time around.   :verymad:

:crylol:  Good one Chet.

I had one of these once.  I just got uppity and in their face and dared them to take action.  Never heard another word.  :giggle:
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" - Albert  Einstein

my fanfics  |  How to submit  |  FMMB rules  |  FMMB FAQ

Offline KurtPikachu2001

• Whale Oil Tycoon
« Reply #215 on: April 26, 2017, 03:39:09 PM »
There is something I need to get off my chest that has been gnawing at me.   Why is season two of Futurama according to fans the best season ever?   If anything I think season two of Futurama was the worst season ever.   Also with Family Guy.   Some fans who hate the modern seasons of both shows always praise season two of both Futurama and Family Guy.   Don't get me wrong, there has been some episodes of season two I have really loved.    But all the rest I would never watch again.

It seemed like in season two in most episodes Leela was made to be the dupe.   In some episodes such as A Second That Emotion when the mutants chose Leela to be the sacrifice just so she could get Nibbler back, and she was on the brink of death.    It was awful seeing her chained to that poll and the mutants were laughing at her and they ripped her shirt.   In Mars University she had a date with the Dean and she never saw him again.   In Raging Bender, she got cornered by a teacher who had no faith in her and used to bully her.   In Branigan Begin Again, Zapp got fired and joined Planet Express just so he could cause Leela some afflication.   Leela endured humiliation in court, too.  Plus, Fry and Bender were toying with her and pranking her like she was some circus clown and made it look like she deserved it.  When they all went on the mission to that Planet with a strong gravitational pull.  Once that mission went wrong Zapp, Kiff, Fry, and Bender all blamed Leela for it, ganged up on Leela, even bullied her, then she got court martialed and nobody took her side.   

Then in The Problem With Popplers, Leela was condemned once again by being accused of eating the Omicron's young.  She was even sentenced to death and everybody around her was gung ho about seeing Leela meet her demise.   Once again, nobody was on her side.   That was supposed to be funny?   Why couldn't Zoidberg have been condemned to die instead?   Or perhaps have the crew go on a duel with the Omicrons?  Lord only knows what an episode where they meet Robot Monster would've been like.   

If other people liked these episodes and enjoyed season two, that's fine with me.   Just telling you how this season had offended me.   

Everytime when I spoke my mind about Leela being put in a bad, seemingly hopeless situation in both the show and comics.  Whether on PEEL and even here. (Not going to name names) Leela haters always slammed me for it.  Even some who liked her who didn't care what was going on with her.  Then they express their opinions about Leela being in discerning situations and they  state their opinions like their points of view about it are based on fact.     Why do some Futurama fans get some kind of pleasure in seeing Leela get chastised?   Do those fans hate her for rejecting Fry and being a strong independent female character?   Do they want Leela to get replaced with some wimpy submissive female character who has the hots for Fry and would do anything for him and everyone else?   Or simply, do they think all female characters from all fandoms such as comics, video games, cartoons, etc to be like Princess Toadstool?   

People are free to have their opinions and points of view, but still.......

Don't take this too personally to anyone who reads it.   I was just ranting about my expirence with this. 

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 03:54:50 PM by KurtPikachu2001 »

Offline Gulliver63

• Egocentrist Extraordinaire
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
  • Speaker to Cyclopes
« Reply #216 on: May 04, 2017, 10:44:55 PM »
What will it take to appease the rain gods? Perhaps I should sacrifice a bull at the temple or something...why are the rain gods angry?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BYmNjN2NhNzItYjQxOC00Yjk5LThlOTYtNjU1ZmZkZDJlNjc4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY4NzE4NDI@._V1_UY268_CR145,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them." Rodney Dangerfield

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore, always carry a small snake." W. C. Fields

Offline Beilzebot

• Ascended Trash Dragon
  • MomCorp Stockholder
« Reply #217 on: May 15, 2017, 05:51:05 AM »
I'm just so tired I feel like I'm gonna fail my exams this week and the past 5 months will have been wasted.

Once I'm done i gotta take a roadtrip and think about my life
signatures make me feel like it's 2006 again

Offline Langly

• MomCorp Stockholder
« Reply #218 on: May 27, 2017, 05:06:19 PM »
I'm just so tired I feel like I'm gonna fail my exams this week and the past 5 months will have been wasted.

Once I'm done i gotta take a roadtrip and think about my life

Did your exams go okay?

Offline Gulliver63

• Whale Oil Tycoon
  • Speaker to Cyclopes
« Reply #219 on: July 11, 2017, 10:07:43 PM »
We got 3.51 inches of rain today in Indianapolis, which is typically what we would get in a month; the rain gods are very angry...

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them." Rodney Dangerfield

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore, always carry a small snake." W. C. Fields

Offline genericEric

• Science Diletante
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
  • Human Friend
« Reply #220 on: July 11, 2017, 11:27:25 PM »
We could use some of that rain.
Increase the Flash Gordon Soundtrack and put more sciencey stuff around.

Offline Gulliver63

• Whale Oil Tycoon
  • Speaker to Cyclopes
« Reply #221 on: July 13, 2017, 11:08:52 PM »
The rain gods have gotten angry yet again. No, I don't have a river in my backyard, er, I guess I do for a while tonight. The funny thing is that I just got finished grilling out when the first drops of rain fell. We won't have any problems at the Gulliver Cult Compound, but there are parts of Indianapolis very hardly hit by the flooding this week. Hey Mark and Flounder, remember this yard?

Offline MTC29

• Whale Oil Tycoon
« Reply #222 on: July 15, 2017, 08:57:47 AM »
Hey Mark and Flounder, remember this yard?

I do indeed, and that is a lot of water.
Nothing can be made idiot proof because idiots are far too clever.

Offline Gulliver63

• Whale Oil Tycoon
  • Speaker to Cyclopes
« Reply #223 on: July 15, 2017, 08:06:42 PM »
I do indeed, and that is a lot of water.

There is a pipe under the ground that the city put in, but this year it just hasn't done the job. Nan has been fighting with the city to get something done about it. She has, to their chagrin, threatened to put a pond in there. Nan may be tiny, but it's not a good thing to be on her bad side. Her mother (the owner of the stuffed bear!) was quite savvy about home ownership, and she passed this down to my wife. They owned rental properties, and her dad taught her things like electrical wiring.