Author Topic: Fanfic Writers You Miss  (Read 56 times)

Offline KurtPikachu2001

• Osiris 4 Priest
Fanfic Writers You Miss
« on: November 08, 2017, 12:26:18 AM »
Who are some people who used to be in this board.  That used to write fanfics you miss the most? 

Even if it's someone who just wrote one fanfic.

Offline MTC29

• Whale Oil Tycoon
Re: Fanfic Writers You Miss
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 12:53:26 PM »
Although he is still with us, I'd like to see Red_Line post more stories. I consider his Das Schiff to be a fan fiction masterpiece. Red_Line got me interested in writing, but that interest fizzed when I discovered there are no longer any readers in this forum, save for yourself and maybe five others.

Pat yourself on the back Kurt; we're 8 days into November and this thread is the first new topic for the month.
Nothing can be made idiot proof because idiots are far too clever.

Online Red_Line

• Assistant plasma fusion boiler stoker, grade 218
  • Administrator
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
  • Let's see what these things will do...
    • Red_Line's Futurama Fanfic stash
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 05:51:52 PM »
I really miss almost all of them because then this was an active and vibrant place with lots of ideas being explored.  It is indeed sad to see the flagging interest.

Although he is still with us, I'd like to see Red_Line post more stories. I consider his Das Schiff to be a fan fiction masterpiece. Red_Line got me interested in writing, but that interest fizzed when I discovered there are no longer any readers in this forum, save for yourself and maybe five others.

Wow, thank you.  When I saw your post I went back and re-read that and I was thinking "I wrote this?"  (in a good context btw).  Anyway, trust me when I say I'd like to be writing too,  I derived a lot of enjoyment out of it.  But, for whatever reason, the well of drive and inspiration just kinda dried up.  I don't even know why.  :fail:

And I should also offer an apology to you and all of the others writers here, I'm one of those that stopped reading and commenting.   I'll try to be better.
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" - Albert  Einstein

my fanfics  |  How to submit  |  FMMB rules  |  FMMB FAQ

Offline Gulliver63

• Egocentrist Extraordinaire
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
  • Speaker to Cyclopes
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 09:49:29 PM »
If it will help, I've got another alternate Leela in the works; MTC here and Flounder have seen me pounding away at it.
"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them." Rodney Dangerfield

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore, always carry a small snake." W. C. Fields

Offline Ramon 51

• Mad Professor
  • Senior Moderator
  • Osiris 4 Priest
  • Good News Everyone!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 11:15:48 PM »
Flounder and I are going to get cards made for the website and hand them out at Comicons, etc.  Even though I have had very little time to write, I truly love this site, my Futurama friends, and the fan fictions they write. Don't give up the ship! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it."
C. S. Lewis