Author Topic: Tossing out those Futurama lines...  (Read 12290 times)

Offline Red_Line

• Assistant plasma fusion boiler stoker, grade 218
  • Administrator
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
  • Let's see what these things will do...
    • Red_Line's Futurama Fanfic stash
Re: Tossing out those Futurama lines...
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2016, 03:14:01 PM »
Bump.  In a meeting, colleague is yammering on about something he did that was largely irrelevant.

I said "You go, girl"  (which didn't originate with Futurama but was used therein).
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" - Albert  Einstein

my fanfics  |  How to submit  |  FMMB rules  |  FMMB FAQ

Offline Red_Line

• Administrator
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2016, 02:22:19 PM »
Just nailed another one - I was helping our admin decipher some invoices pertaining to a project I worked on and it is rather confusing because we used the same supplier for two different services on the same project.  Since one piece of the puzzle was from 2013, I had to dredge it up from deep storage (Red Dwarf fans take note :giggle: ) and as it was coming back to me I said "Oh ... Oh ... I'm getting one of those things, like a headache with pictures ... an idea!".
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" - Albert  Einstein

Offline dinkdrinker

• Osiris 4 Priest
  • Funny dude- well, at least looks aren't EVERYTHING
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2016, 09:29:49 PM »
I honestly thought I'd never use this one...

We hired a new woman at work, and to say she is a dirty, perverted, warped individual would be an understatement.  She's already been asked to 'keep certain comments to herself'... well...

Walked into the room she works in, and heard her talking about the men here 'aren't big or black enough for my (vulgar slang for a part of the female anatomy)... and then there's Doug...'

without thinking, or making it known I had entered the room, I blurted out in my best Bender-

'For your information, Madam, it's a grower, not a show-er!'

The look of shock on her face was priceless. :crylol:
Well, there goes the Internet

Offline Gulliver63

• Egocentrist Extraordinaire
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
  • Speaker to Cyclopes
« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2016, 12:11:15 AM »
Family reunion time. Somehow the topic of neutrality came up, and of course, I had to toss out "My gut says maybe." I finally got to show my brother-in-law the Nixon episode, "A Head in the Polls."
"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them." Rodney Dangerfield

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore, always carry a small snake." W. C. Fields

Offline Marloc

• I Summon Bigger Fish
  • Board Moderator
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
  • (V) (0,,,,0) (V)
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2016, 01:06:49 PM »
This morning, Mrs. MC and I are watching the local news, and they show a piece about some local festival, and say they're selling art by local artists.  Her response, " One art, please!"

I'll get her to like the show yet.
It's a thing.  It's like a plan, but with more greatness.

Fighting? There's no fighting in Plan C. Plan C is run away faster!

The past with dumb people who wanted to kill us for dumb reasons is behind us.  Ahead is a new place with new people who'll want to kill us for totally different reasons!

Offline Red_Line

• Administrator
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2017, 02:25:55 PM »
This morning I was composting a long missive about dry Bylaws stuff to a board of directors that I'm on.  The concluding sentence read in part "... just to be technically correct (the best kind of correct) we should continue to consider ...".

AND while I was typing this I received a text confirming lunch with a friend today.  I replied "You know it baby!".

Offline Red_Line

• Administrator
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2017, 04:49:28 PM »
Had a family gathering yesterday and one of the relatives brought this tree hugging salad dressing called "Woodstock".   S-punk looked at it and asked "Is this made with real hippies?".  My relative, in a rare moment of humor, said "of course".  S-punk and I both said "That hippie's starting to kick in.  My hands are soooo big, they can touch anything but themselves".  :crylol:

Offline Gulliver63

• Whale Oil Tycoon
  • Speaker to Cyclopes
« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2017, 09:20:26 PM »
I'm so clever... I just sent out a co-worker to do something, and hit him with a Zapp line. "Kif, have the boy lay out my formal shorts. You, Kif - you're the boy."
"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them." Rodney Dangerfield

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore, always carry a small snake." W. C. Fields

Offline Red_Line

• Administrator
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2017, 02:40:09 PM »
I've been getting good mileage out of using "... my ridiculously circuitous plan ..." the last several days.  I've been traveling by train and to get to and from where I was going without myself and my hosts having to be up in the middle of the night I plotted out a ridiculously circuitous route which could have gone horribly wrong in so many ways, but for once the travel deities smiled upon me and Amtrak and it's host railroads cooperated and everything that needed to be reasonably on time was.  :)

Online Flounder

• Chief Engineer of the Planet Express Ship
  • Board Moderator
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
  • Ad astra! (To the stars!)
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2017, 01:37:49 PM »
Not only did I have the opportunity to use the line "You are technically correct - the best kind of correct" in the classroom (TWICE!) this last week, but also slipped it into commentary on a student's written assignment.  Also, to a fellow adjunct instructor, who like me is a stickler for grammar, punctuation, and spelling, I modified it to "You are grammatically correct - the second best kind of correct."

It's been a good week. ;) :P
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline Red_Line

• Administrator
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2017, 01:30:52 AM »
"You are grammatically correct - the second best kind of correct."

Good one, Chet!  :crylol:

Offline Gulliver63

• Whale Oil Tycoon
  • Speaker to Cyclopes
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2017, 03:59:27 PM »
I just got done watching the Morgan episode again, which is great for so many other reasons besides Morgan. I ran across a truly great Bender line, when the dismantled robot is found by Hermes in his office: "It was ghosts...big ones...and a tornado."

Offline genericEric

• Science Diletante
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
  • Human Friend
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2017, 10:38:38 PM »
"It was ghosts...big ones...and a tornado."

I've used that line before. I forget why though...
Increase the Flash Gordon Soundtrack and put more sciencey stuff around.

Offline KurtPikachu2001

• Osiris 4 Priest
« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2017, 10:09:34 PM »
Said the line "Dork Calling Orson" . under my breath when I saw one of the students at my college was prank phone calling someone.

Offline Red_Line

• Administrator
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2017, 08:16:44 PM »
I was cleaning up after a project today and was gathering up the leftover electrical conductors.  I was walking up to people going "Let me show you some of the different lengths of wire I used".  Now I need to get a drawer.  :crylol: