Author Topic: Tossing out those Futurama lines...  (Read 14700 times)

Offline Red_Line

• Assistant plasma fusion boiler stoker, grade 218
  • Administrator
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
  • Let's see what these things will do...
    • Red_Line's Futurama Fanfic stash
Re: Tossing out those Futurama lines...
« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2018, 02:45:31 AM »
Not me, but a guy I work with that also watched Futurama (see my post above about the cigars. That guy)

So, we're talking about Northwestern University screwing things up for some work that we're doing in Evanston (the town where Northwestern is located).  Long story short, the father of a woman who works here is the head engineer for the University's construction projects, and when the university didn't locate their utilities, he got all up in the guy that was supposed to locate them.  This led to a discussion about Northwestern not being great on safety.

One story she told was how they were moving a crane, and they didn't balance it correctly, leading it to falling over and crushing a dean's car.  So, the guy replied with a simple, "ROBOT HOOOOOUUUUUUUUSEEE!!!!!"

Totally off topic, for which I give myself three demerits, but Northwestern U just hired the worst boss I ever had, so their screw up ratio just went way up.
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" - Albert  Einstein

my fanfics  |  How to submit  |  FMMB rules  |  FMMB FAQ