Author Topic: Issue #82  (Read 791 times)

Offline El-Man

• MomCorp Stockholder
Re: Issue #82
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 04:24:07 AM »
Will Bender end up transformed into a robotic donkey?   :rolleyes:

Nah, Bender never lies (pause for laughter here).

Since Bender hasn't got a nose, can we presume his eyes will telescope out?

Offline martinth_02

• MomCorp Stockholder
  • Leader of the Republic of French Stereotypes
    • Facebook profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 09:52:58 PM »
The issue #82 is released today  :) I will get it during next days.
Can't wait to read your reviews!
Why not  (V)_|;,;|_(V) ?

Offline dinkdrinker

• Osiris 4 Priest
  • Funny dude- well, at least looks aren't EVERYTHING
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 04:34:50 PM »
The issue #82 is released today  :) I will get it during next days.
Can't wait to read your reviews!

According to the Infosphere-
Futurama Comics #82 is the eighty-second comic issue, originally scheduled to be released on 22 February, 2017 in the US. Following the cancellation of Futurama Comics in print, it will instead become the first issue to be exclusively released on the Futuramaland mobile app in May of 2017.

link, if you don't want to believe me  :(  -

http://theinfosphere.org/Futurama_Comics_82

Looks like this is the end for those who collect REAL actual comics you can physically hold in your hand. 

I will need to look into this, as it says it is a mobile app.  Will it be available on computers?  Because I would refuse to try and read anything crammed down on a mobile device.  Especially if it is a REAL (for example- mobile phone, NOT a tablet) device and has a 2-3 inch screen, tops.

I guess that means I am relieved of keeping a (new) copy of every single comic (and any alternates) for the 'official' Madhouse Comic collection.  :uhoh:

EDIT-
Okay- just checked out 'Futuramaland' app, and laptops and desktop computers are not allowed- strictly cell phones.  MAYBE some tablets.  Also looks like you would still have to purchase the comics via the app (looks like in app purchases start at $1.99 each- doesn't mean the comics will be that though).  As for actually having a real copy, and not just READING IT off the cloud?  Who knows.  If you could actually download the comic (then save it to your computer to save phone storage)- who knows.  IF that were possible, I might continue reading them that way.   :fail:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 04:50:27 PM by dinkdrinker »
Well, there goes the Internet

Offline KurtPikachu2001

• Osiris 4 Priest
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 10:20:26 PM »
Thanks for the info Dink.  Looks like it is just cellphones that will get the app. Not even ipads I'd take it.

Offline MTC29

• Whale Oil Tycoon
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 05:18:10 AM »
At the risk of interrupting the current pointless bumping of threads dating back to the Bush Administration coupled with a diatribe on the number of Futurama broadcast seasons, may I ask if issue #82 was actually e-published and has anyone managed to read it?
Nothing can be made idiot proof because idiots are far too clever.

Offline FuturamaIsOver

• Insane Drunken Robot
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2017, 06:31:52 PM »
I dunno about you, but I think the comic will LITERALLY be called "Burning Mom."

Offline dinkdrinker

• Osiris 4 Priest
  • Funny dude- well, at least looks aren't EVERYTHING
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 02:29:19 AM »
At the risk of interrupting the current pointless bumping of threads dating back to the Bush Administration coupled with a diatribe on the number of Futurama broadcast seasons, may I ask if issue #82 was actually e-published and has anyone managed to read it?

Ok- first...
George H.W. or George W.?  ;)

Second...
Looking at the official site (http://www.bongocomics.com/blog/filter/category/Futuramaland), it does not appear to have been uploaded.  Or at least they didn't post anything saying it was.  If it WAS, (like I said, they didn't say anything) I haven't seen it, and probably won't unless it can ever be seen on a decent sized screen.
Someone here has to have an eye-phone or android device that can view it if they wanna.  Anyone???
Well, there goes the Internet

Offline martinth_02

• MomCorp Stockholder
    • Facebook profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2017, 06:45:17 PM »
Take your phone/touch pad : Futurama Comics #82 is released ONLY on the futuramaland app.
Finally it is released. But the paper comic books will miss me. :(
Why not  (V)_|;,;|_(V) ?

Offline KurtPikachu2001

• Osiris 4 Priest
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2017, 08:55:46 PM »
Tried to find this on Read Comics Online.   It's not there.....

Anyone want to take my place doing comic reviews?

Offline martinth_02

• MomCorp Stockholder
    • Facebook profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 10:58:40 PM »
Tried to find this on Read Comics Online.   It's not there.....

Anyone want to take my place doing comic reviews?

Don't worry, maybe it will come later...

I recently bought this digital comic book on the Futuramaland app, and I edited some screenshots to re-create the comic book as very good quality JPEGs on my PC. I printed a copy and... voilĂ !

I can read it without being dependant of the battery of my phone!  :)

Why not  (V)_|;,;|_(V) ?

Offline KurtPikachu2001

• Osiris 4 Priest
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2017, 01:00:10 PM »
Wow!  That's awesome what you did!  Looks like you used a printer.

Offline martinth_02

• MomCorp Stockholder
    • Facebook profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2017, 04:12:22 PM »
Wow!  That's awesome what you did!  Looks like you used a printer.

Yes, I used a printer and all pages are double-sided !
Why not  (V)_|;,;|_(V) ?

Offline Langly

• MomCorp Stockholder
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2017, 04:38:38 PM »
Flippin' typical - The app is available on Google Play, but it's "not available in your country".

Dagnabbit!   :cross:  :cross: :cross: :saywhat: :fail:

Offline KurtPikachu2001

• Osiris 4 Priest
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2017, 11:31:41 PM »
Have decided.  I am officially done with doing comic book reviews.  You can get the Futuramaland APP on Google Play and on IPhones and Android and iPads.  But things like this never seem to come to Amazon Kindle.

Until such a time that the Futuramaland APP does come to Kindle, I have retired from doing comic book reviews.  Nobody gives any feedback, nobody reads them or anything like that.

Though, I am happy with the ones I have that are printed.  So I feel that I have enough Futurama comics.  Also I found another comic book that I like better.  The iZombie ones.  (If only the Brickleberry comics would still be going)

My friend martinth_02 emailed me and told me you need a gmail account to see the comic, so I asked my neighbor has a gmail account and she tried to print the comic out but the library doesn't allow colored prints.  (Thanks anyway martinth_02 you're a good friend.

Whenever the Futuramaland APP does come to Kindle or all the other Futurama APPs for that matter (don't know why people who have iphones and Android and ipads have to have all the fun) I will come back doing comic book reviews.  Since that APP isn't on Kindle I am announcing my retirement.  It was a fun thing to do while it lasted.

Have a nice day.

Online DannyJC13

• MomCorp Stockholder
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2017, 04:49:21 PM »
So, James Lloyd made an Instagram post about a drawing of Fry & Bender in "a comic for friends in France" - but also went on to add:

"Also the last time I'll be drawing even a reasonable facsimile of these laughable lugs in a comic panel (for any forseeable future). Let's call it, shall we? Midnight, June 3rd. But no tears now! It was a fun ride. Thanks to those who came along!"

So, is this a massive indication that Bongo will no longer be making Futurama comics, or do you think they've just decided to hire some different artists to Lloyd?
Fun fact: there's an 80% chance this post will get me banned!