Author Topic: Futurama's (Possible) Return  (Read 219 times)

Offline FuturamaIsOver

• Insane Drunken Robot
Futurama's (Possible) Return
« on: April 14, 2017, 02:08:18 AM »
I bet a lot of you know about that "Worlds of Tomorrow" upcoming app by now.

You know, I thought Futurama would return via Netflix or something, because to be honest... I think the idea of app-exclusive stories is stupid.

I guess we should be happy we're getting anything new related to Futurama at all. What do you think?

Offline KurtPikachu2001

• Whale Oil Tycoon
Re: Futurama's (Possible) Return
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 11:39:33 PM »
Yes I agree.  Even though the show is over, doesn't mean products still can't be made.  If the Futuramaland APP and Worlds of Tomorrow comes to Kindle it would be like pennies from heaven! 

If Futurama does come back, TBS should get it.  Not everyone has Netflix.

Offline FuturamaIsOver

• Insane Drunken Robot
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 03:44:23 PM »
Nah, TBS isn't a good idea. That channel's censors are a little LOOSER than Comedy Central. I don't want an episode with even more nudity than "In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela" because the show does not need to be rated TV-MA.

Offline Flounder

• Chief Engineer of the Planet Express Ship
  • Board Moderator
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
  • Ad astra! (To the stars!)
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 10:53:48 AM »
MG and DXC would never allow Futurama to become more risqué than they did with Leela getting out of bed in Leela's Homeworld or in the post-crash scenes of Zapp and Leela in In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela.  Neither of those even broached PG-13.  As in The Simpsons, they merely (rarely) drop broad hints of nudity and sexual shenanigans, and bleep out the bad language.  This makes for a much more interesting method of storytelling than, for example, that used in Archer.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline FuturamaIsOver

• Insane Drunken Robot
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 04:59:53 AM »
In Archer or South Park or other 18+ cartoons, they can go... very, VERY overboard sometimes. I'm glad this isn't the case with Futurama.

Offline Futuresguy

• Insane Drunken Robot
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 08:13:48 PM »
I would love to see a Futurama return to TV would love it to be Netflix. a short season kind of like Stranger things, but longer then 8 episodes that way no filler episodes! streaming TV is the way of the future and will eventually out do cable plus I love binge watching and its really easy to track what we watch for ratings. although this is also true for cable on-demand and DVR!

Offline Futuresguy

• Insane Drunken Robot
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 12:50:05 AM »

David X Cohen Announces new Futurama Project Says Announcement coming This Summer!
https://moviepilot.com/p/david-x-cohen-promises-more-futurama-coming/4310509
they bring Up In the Article It could be A YouTube series of Shorts that could jumpstart a new season or movies If It Is successful? and another article I read said the cast could be touring the Country doing Table reads which again If It sold well could prompt new episodes or movies! I would totally buy a Ticket to something like that If It was In my area! 

Offline KurtPikachu2001

• Whale Oil Tycoon
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 08:53:19 PM »
Thanks for showing us that.  Don't know why even articles that talk about Futurama always have to slam the Comedy Central episodes. 

Offline Flounder

• Chief Engineer of the Planet Express Ship
  • Board Moderator
  • Whale Oil Tycoon
  • Ad astra! (To the stars!)
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 11:42:48 PM »
Keeping in mind what DXC said, I'm keeping my expectations modest.  But any new Futurama is good Futurama!

"...I am not allowed to say more or I will be lightly phasered.”

:giggle: :giggle:

Hoping this new...um, whatever it is, will be an exploratory shameless promotion and market test case for more of The Show in whatever form. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline Beilzebot

• Ascended Trash Dragon
  • MomCorp Stockholder
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 05:22:11 PM »
I would only want them to bring it back if Matt&Dave can end it a 3rd time and still keep it memorable, they captured lightening in a bottle twice with Devils Hands and Meanwhile
signatures make me feel like it's 2006 again

Offline Futuresguy

• Insane Drunken Robot
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 06:52:03 AM »
they did end it three times already, The Devils Hands Are Idle Play Things, Into The Wild Green Yonder, and, Meanwhile so the next last episode would be the 4th! hopefully I get to see it! :)

Offline DannyJC13

• MomCorp Stockholder
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 06:57:58 PM »
they did end it three times already, The Devils Hands Are Idle Play Things, Into The Wild Green Yonder, and, Meanwhile so the next last episode would be the 4th!

Technically, it would be the 5th. Overclockwise is classed as one of the last episodes ever, at least by the crew. It was intended to be the series finale before they were picked up for season 7.
Fun fact: there's an 80% chance this post will get me banned!